OVCX Series: This event is part of the 2022 Ohio Valley Cyclocross Series. For series schedule of events and complete rules & info, please visit OVCX.COM.
Registration: Pre-registration for all OVCX events will be through BikeReg.com.
1) Pre-registration will close at 6pm Friday the hight before the race event. Day-of registration is not available.
2) Call ups will still have a separate timeline with specific deadlines to be in call ups.
3) A $10 late fee will be applied to any registration received after midnight of the Thursday prior to each race weekend.
For optimum start line staging, register early (see "Start Line Staging" below for details).
Chip Timing: Each rider is provided a free custom OVCX timing chip for the top of their helmet at their first OVCX race they attend. It should stay on your helmet for the entirety of the OVCX Series. If yours is lost, the chip must be replaced at a cost of $10. Event results will contain finish times, as well as splits for each lap.
Start Line Staging: All categories scheduled to start at the same time will go off in one wave, with individual categories intermixed. All waves will be staged by their CrossResults.com points. Each wave will be staged in the following order:
1) First: Anyone registered by midnight of the Sunday 2 weeks prior to event weekend
2) Second: Anyone registered by midnight of the Thursday immediately prior to event weekend
3) Third: Anyone regsitered AFTER midnight of the Thursday immediately prior to event weekend
This system will work for all combined categories going off the starting line at the same time. Again, each category will get scored separately as well, and get a podium celebration each day as well as OVCX series points for their category.
Results: Full results will be posted to USA Cycling within 24 hrs of completion of event, and posted to OVCX.com within 48 hours of event. Categories will be broken out for OVCX series scoring only; USAC results will have the full wave results (for higher potential USAC ranking points).
OVCX Series Points: Top 3 finishers for each category at the end of the season are recognized at the awards party after the final race at Indy CycloPlex in Indianapolis December 4th. Each race participant earns points, and their best 7 finishes are calculated for their overall score at the end of the season. EXCEPTION: Elite men and elite women will only count 6 toward series overall score. This is due to the UCI race exclusion from the series totals.
Series Raffle: Tradition holds that there will be raffle following the final races at the final event, this year at Major Taylor in Indianapolis. To qualify for the raffle it is required to participate in 8 out of 13 events. You must start the race to get credit towards one of your 8 races.